General Requirement for Admission
- Through Joint Admission and Matriculation Examination Board (JAMB)
Application who take the University Matriculation Examination (UME) may be admitted in the first year degree course provided that:
- They have completed a full course of training in a secondary school or in an approved institution of equivalent status;
- They are normally sixteen years of age or above on the first day of October, in the year of their candidature;
- They reach the appropriate standard in the examination for entry to their degree programme in view;
- They possess one or more of the following qualification;
- The Senior school certificate (SSCE) or National Examination Council (NECO) or General Certificate Education (GCE) O’Level with passes at credit level in at least five subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained in not more than two sittings, except for candidate applying for medicine. SSC/GCE and combined with NECO.
- All candidates for medicine must have five credits at a sitting including English Language and Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Health Sciences.
- The Teacher’s Grade II Certificate wit merit/credit level in at least five subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained in not more than two sittings
- Qualifications approved by senate as equivalent to 1 and 3 above.
- Through Direct Entry
- Possess at least two passes at the principal or advanced level, plus five credit passes at the SSCE/NECO/GCE O’Level in not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics.
- Passes in two major subject in the NCE with O’Level credits or equivalent in three other subject (mainly for education courses). Education is accepted as a third A’Level subject.
- Other qualification acceptable to the Senate of the University, and being equivalent to (a) and (b) above.
- In addition to the above minimum admission requirements, candidates must also satisfy such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements.
A pass H.S.C/GCE A’Level General Certificate or English Literature or NCE English major or General English could be substituted for O’Level credit in English Language
Deferment of Admission
Every Application for deferment of admission must be accompanied by a receipt of approved acceptance and school fees issued by the Bursar, Enugu State University of Science and Technology. It must be stressed that candidates seeking deferment of admission must have obtained a registration number. Deferment can only be for one academic year.